Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Row by Row Week #6: Quilting as you go~


 Welcome back to my Cabin Row by Row Quilt Along!  Today's post marks the half way point!  Yippee!

I thought I’d take this week to show how I’m putting the rows together and quilting them. 



As stated earlier, I put my 8 12" blocks together in a row.


Next I cut my batting, 15"x WOF, then sewed them together for the backing.


I cut my batting 17" X 100" and layered the three fabrics on my counter to create the sandwich.


Changed my #14 needle to a #18 for the quilting.


Rolled the edges.  Yes, it was a bit bulky at first :)




I kept the quilting simple, basic in the ditch quilting.





There are several QAYG tutorials on the internet.  I’ve used this one for years:



It’s fun, easy to understand and a great tutorial~I'll be trying it out again this week, only putting a couple of really long rows together!  Fingers crossed!!!

Next week, block #5…half way there, folks!

Have fun~



No comments: