Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to me!

I had a little extra time this week to create this new coffee table runner!




Let me back up....my dear husband built me this new coffee table/storage unit last month.  I found this basket at a thrift shop and sanded, painted and decorated it to hold my vintage pink Christmas bulbs, so I felt I needed wanted a table runner for underneath it.


I used charm pack by Riley Blake called  santa's workshop.  Cut all the 5" squares into 4/2.5" squares and just randomly sewed them together.  I quilted in the ditch, simple straight lines and used the leftover binding from my new bed quilt (almost on the bed!!) to complete this sweet little runner!



I love it!!!  I just wish I would have taken a pic of the ugly, thrift shop basket I recycled!  Oh, well!


Happy Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your new table runner and your thrifted basket redo. Pink is great at Christmas!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Looks great! You did a fantastic job fixing up that basket! Pink is my favorite Christmas color:) My girls even have a pink tree in their room!

gale said...

What a cute runner! I had all kinds of plans to make one too, but didn't get it done in time. So we may have a christmas runner on the table for valentine's day. lol. Those ornaments are gorgeous!