Monday, July 2, 2012

Beejeebers July 2012

Hoorah!! July is here and I'm the host for my Beejeebers Quilt Bee!

A whoo hooo!

I tossed around several great ideas for my month, and decided on a Scrappy Log Cabin block for two reasons…..

1. I live in a cabin so I ought to have a log cabin quilt 2. I found an awesome log cabin tutorial that uses up scraps

Here’s the tutorial from Kat in Perth Australia:

Scrappy Log Cabin

I’ve made two blocks for myself…..they are fun and easy to do.






Soooooo....the other 11 members of my bee will be creating and sending me their very own Scrappy Log Cabin for me to create into a quilt! The blocks will be 15" so I will make 3 more blocks so the quilt will measure about 60" square. A nice cuddle quilt! I'm planning on QAYG so I can get this put together pronto.

I'll try to post here as the blocks arrive. In the meantime....off to CAMP!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love your work!! I found you on our crochet along! It should be lots of fun!